BECAUSE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE IMPOSE LEGAL OBLIGATIONS UPON YOU, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THEM CAREFULLY.
- Purpose of the Web Site and Services
The Web Site and Services are services made available by NUL. The information and/or content available in or on, or accessed or downloaded through or from, the Services ("Information And Content") are made available solely as a convenience to you for general informational purposes only and are not intended to provide specific commercial, financial, investment, accounting, tax, medical or legal advice. The Services and all Information and Content is provided to you solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for purposes of resale, distribution, public display or performance, or any other uses by you in any form or manner whatsoever.
- No Representation Regarding Content
NUL has used reasonable efforts to obtain the most accurate and timely information available. Due to various factors, including human and mechanical error, We do not guarantee the accuracy, authenticity, timeliness, reliability, appropriateness, or completeness of any of the Information And Content. You agree that all risk associated with the use of, or reliance on, any of the Information And Content contained in the Services rests with you. You further agree that We are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind caused as a result of, or in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any of the Information And Content.
- Limited License & Permitted Uses:
We are providing you with a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable license to:
- use the Services solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes; and
- Prohibited User-Generated Content:
You are solely responsible and liable for any User-Generated Content that you upload, post, input, publish or otherwise distribute using the Services. As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree not to use the Site for any unlawful or prohibited purpose. User-Generated Content prohibited from the Site includes, without limitation, User-Generated Content that NUL determines in its sole and absolute discretion:
- constitutes or includes any illegal or unauthorized copy, in whole or in part, of another person’s copyrighted or copyrightable work, discloses trade secrets without authorization, or otherwise violates the proprietary rights of a third party;
- misrepresents the source or identity of any material;
- is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, abusive, harassing, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any individual or group, or encourages any other conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, create civil liability, or is otherwise offensive to users of the Site or inappropriate;
- violates the rights of privacy or publicity of any person;
- is false or deceptive;
- displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- includes material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner;
- is an advertisement or solicitation to sell a product or service to users of the Site, or constitutes any other commercial use of the Site, without the prior written consent of NUL;
- is unlawful under the laws of the United States or any individual state or locality, the laws of any foreign jurisdiction, or any international treaty or convention;
The above restrictions include, "screen scraping", or any other practice or activity that is used to obtain lists of data, portions of a database, or other lists or information from the Services, in any manner or in any quantities not authorized in writing by NUL.
You acknowledge that NUL is a service provider that may allow users to interact online regarding topics and content chosen by the users. NUL does not endorse any User-Generated Content or any opinion, recommendation or advice that may be expressed. NUL generally does not regulate and shall have no obligation to monitor any User-Generated Content. Nonetheless, NUL and its agents shall have and reserve the right to monitor any User-Generated Content from time to time for any lawful purpose. NUL may, without notice to you, remove or block any User-Generated Content, including disabling access to such User-Generated Content. NUL also may terminate your access to the Site and refer the User-Generated Content to law enforcement if NUL believes it is in violation of any state, federal or local law.
- Prohibited User Conduct
Subject to the permitted use of the Services granted in this Agreement, you may not, in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the Services, or remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Services. Failure to comply with the restrictions and limitations contained in this Section 5 will result in the immediate, automatic termination of your access to the Site and may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability. You further agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- frame or otherwise display any portion of the Site or its contents that is not your User-Generated Content without prior authorization
- sell, grant a security interest in, or transfer reproductions of all or any portion of the Services to other parties in any way not expressly authorized herein, nor shall you rent, lease or license all or any portion of the Services to others;
- exploit the Services or any of its parts for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the express prior written authorization of NUL;
- host, provide or develop services for or using the Services, or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by NUL in any way, including without limitation through protocol emulation, tunneling, packet sniffing, modifying or adding components to the Services, use of a utility program or any other techniques now know or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized access in any form over the Internet;
- facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Services, or any portion thereof, including without limitation any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Services. All connections to the Services, or any portion thereof, may only be made through methods and means expressly approved by NUL. Under no circumstances may you connect, or create tools that allow you or others to connect to the Services, or any portion thereof, other than those expressly provided by NUL; or
- User Registration
- Remedies for Violations
- License of Your Content to NUL
- THE SERVICES AND ANY ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION AND MATERIAL ARE BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. WITHOUT LIMITING THE INTENDED GENERALITY OF THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, NUL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY PORTION THEREOF (i) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; (ii) IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INTERNET BROWSER SOFTWARE; (iii) IS FREE OF INFECTION BY VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR ANYTHING ELSE MANIFESTING CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES; OR (iv) IS FREE OF DEFAMATORY, DEROGATORY OR ADULT-ORIENTED MATERIAL, OR MATERIAL THAT SOME INDIVIDUALS MAY DEEM OFFENSIVE OR OBJECTIONABLE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, NUL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE.
- NUL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL NUL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, ANY USER-GENERATED CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE OR TRANSMITTED TO ANOTHER USER, OR ANY TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN OR AMONG YOU AND OTHER USERS, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE.
- THE SERVICES ARE CONTROLLED AND PROVIDED BY NUL FROM ITS FACILITIES IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. NUL MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES ARE APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN OTHER LOCATIONS. IF YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, YOU DO SO VOLUNTARILY AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO YOUR LOCATION.
YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL NUL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. NUL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LEGAL FEES AND COURT COSTS) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH:
- ANY LOSS OF YOUR USER GENERATED CONTENT OR ANY INTERRUPTIONS OF SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ISP DISRUPTIONS, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER EVENT WHICH MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF DATA OR A DISRUPTION OF SERVICE;
- YOUR PARTICIPATION OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION AND CONTENT POSTED ON MESSAGE BOARDS OR E-MAIL FORUMS; OR
- ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY INFORMATION AND CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY OF THE FOREGOING IS DETERMINED TO CONSTITUTE A FUNDAMENTAL BREACH OR FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
TO THE EXTENT THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED, NUL’S SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $1.00.
- Service Modifications
You acknowledge and agree that NUL reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at any time, to modify, change, add to, terminate, or discontinue (with respect to an individual user or all users) the Services and/or any associated services, Information And Content, or technical specifications with or without notice to you, and that NUL will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, to you or any other person in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, any such modification or discontinuance.
- Privacy and Personal Information
- Confidentiality and Transmissions over the Internet
- NUL’s Ownership of the Site and Proprietary Material
The Sites contain copyrighted material, technology, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets and other proprietary information, which may include computer code, text, data, video, images, illustrations, animations, sounds, musical compositions and recordings, audiovisual effects, color schemes, business methods and methods of operation, concepts, ideas, know-how, moral rights, and any related documentation (collectively the "Proprietary Material"). All intellectual property rights to the Proprietary Material, including patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret rights, are owned or licensed by NUL. You agree not to copy, download, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, perform, display, distribute or sell, or in any other way exploit the Proprietary Material, or to participate with or to encourage others to engage in such acts, without the prior written consent of NUL. Nor may the Proprietary Material, or any portion thereof, be modified or used for any purpose other than as expressly authorized in this Agreement. The Proprietary Material may include materials licensed by NUL from third parties, and the licensors of those materials may enforce their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement. For example, you are expressly prohibited from using the Proprietary Material to modify content generated by you or by others for the purpose of selling or assisting others to sell the content in its modified form. ALL RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED TO YOU IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE RESERVED BY NUL AND ITS LICENSORS.
- Indemnification by User
- Third Party Web Sites, Content and Products and Services
Solely as a convenience to users, NUL may provide links on the Site to other websites owned by third-parties. Unless otherwise expressly stated, NUL does not endorse or control these third-party websites and assumes no responsibility for them.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IN SUCH DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES, NUL IS NOT THE SELLER OR PROVIDER AND YOUR AGREEMENT OF PURCHASE OR FOR SERVICES WITH SUCH THIRD PARTY IS SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY, AND NOT NUL. NUL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CHARGES, LOSSES OR LIABILITIES YOU, OR ANY USER OF YOUR ACCOUNT, INCUR WHEN MAKING PURCHASES, DEALING WITH OR COMPLETING TRANSACTIONS WITH SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
By accessing third party services through the Services, you hereby authorize such third party service providers to provide NUL with personal information regarding your use of and your activities with respect to the purchase and use of third party services and/or goods.
Hypertext links or pointers to third party web sites and references to products and services offered by third parties are provided to you for convenience only and do not constitute an endorsement or approval by NUL of:
- the organizations that operate such web sites;
- such third party products and services.
- Unlawful Activity
You may not transfer or assign any of your rights or obligations provided in this Agreement without the express prior written approval of NUL. NUL may assign this Agreement without restriction of any kind. No failure on the part of NUL to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed a waiver or consent.
You agree that the Sites will be deemed exclusively based in New York, United States of America and this Agreement shall be deemed to have been made and executed exclusively in the State of New York. Any dispute arising out of this Agreement shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without reference to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim asserted in any legal proceeding by you or NUL shall be commenced and maintained in any state or federal court located in New York County, State of New York, having subject matter jurisdiction with respect to such dispute. You and NUL agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such court. The prevailing party in any such proceeding shall be entitled to reimbursement of court costs, including a reasonable attorney fee, in addition to any other remedy awarded.
- Force Majeure
- Copyright Infringement
It is NUL’s policy to block access to or remove content that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any user or other content provider. If you believe that User-Generated Content or other material residing on or accessible through the Sites infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement to the Designated Agent. The notice of infringement should conform to the elements of notification provided in the DMCA, Section 512(c)(3), including: (i) contact information and the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright allegedly infringed; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work or material infringed; (iii) identification and location the of the content claimed to be infringing so that it may be found and verified; (iv) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the content in the manner complained of is not authorized; and (v) a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that all information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright claimed to be infringed. Once proper infringement notification is received by the Designated Agent, NUL will remove or disable access to the claimed infringing User-Generated Content or other material; notify the accused infringing party that it has removed or disabled access to the User-Generated Content or other material; and determine appropriate measures to prevent recurrence by the accused infringing party. The DMCA requires a service provider to give prompt notification to the accused infringing party of the copyright claim and that the accused User-Generated Content or other material has been removal or access to it has been disabled. Section 512(g). The accused infringing party may then issue a counter notification in the form provided in the DMCA, Section 512(g)(3). In such instance, NUL shall follow the procedures and requirements of the DMCA calling for notification to the complaining party and timely restoration of the User-Generated Content or other material alleged to be infringing.
Acceptance of donations does not represent the National Urban League’s express or implied endorsement of the positions, opinions, products or services of any person or its employees, or partners or other business concerns in which such person has a material financial ownership.
We request corporate funders or partners to expressly acknowledge and agree to the following:
The National Urban League has not, by virtue of accepting a charitable contribution, granted to any person, in whole or in part, any rights to influence, control, direct or veto, in any manner, express or implied, the editorial, financial, policy or advocacy stance undertaken by the National Urban League.
National Urban League Legal Department
80 Pine Street
New York, NY 10005
Or visit us at http://nul.iamempowered.com/feedback